Friday, September 25, 2009

Making Soup Instead of Lemonade

Acknowledging that I am a card carrying Foodie has opened the portals and released my floodgates of inspiration and creativity.

We have heard that when life hands you a bunch of lemons … make lemonade! Well for me it’s “Make soup!” There is something almost pleasurably primal in cooking up a batch of wonderfully healthy, nourishing and deliciously tasty soup!


With the encouragement and help from my friends I am following my BLISS!

What had started as a stress reliever has led me to some exciting and creative work.
I have started my very own on-line store “Soup N Stuff” at http://www.soupnstuff.etsy.com/


This has given me the great experience of getting out of the stuck and non-productive void of negative surroundings and energies. I’ve come to appreciate more what I do have, putting aside of what can’t be changed.
For many this could be as simple as going out into the day and sunshine, but for me getting into my kitchen and creating delights I can share is my saving grace.


In my new online shop I’ve started with some of my favorite soup recipes and added popovers and , specialty holiday breads, and luscious dessert recipes.
Then I added cookie cutters, vintage items and various kitchen tools and pretty accessory serving dishes to my shop just in time for the upcoming change of seasons and the busy kitchens preparing for our favorite holidays.
I’m presenting my recipes either as colorful laminated recipe charts or sent as PDF files, and have created some great Kitchen Bookmarks (with easy reference measurements for wet and dry ingredients) , all ideal for gift giving.


Stop by the shop where new delights are always a given!
    Photo of Orange Cran-Nut Loaf ,just out of oven and glazed and ready to slice 

No comments:

Post a Comment